Thursday 18 May 2017

Learning about Hinduism in Year 3 with Mrs. Mistry-Dyer

The children in Year 3 had an interesting afternoon on Wednesday learning about Hinduism with Mrs. Mistry-Dyer. We had a lot of fun learning about Hindu worship and Brahman and the Trimurti (Brahma, Shiva and Vishnu). It was real privilege and pleasure to see Mrs. Mistry-Dyer's video of her own Hindu wedding celebrations.
Many thanks to Mrs. Mistry-Dyer for sharing her expertise and experience.
There are lots more pictures of our afternoon in the Year 3 Gallery on the school's website.
DM
 


1 comment:

  1. Namaste and shukriya to Mr MacBean, Mrs Bernard and the bachche in Year 3. Enlightened spiritually, Karma cleansed, and Shankh blown to attract the attention of Brahman. I think Brahman definitely heard the sound of Om don't you?! I congratulate the children in their willingness to learn and for their enthusiasm for knowledge.
    I do believe Year 3 have a good set of thespians in their midst ready for Year 4. I wonder if the children can remember the three deities of the Trimurti and their roles?
    I hope the children had fun and absorbed some facts on such a wet and rainy day, I certainly did enjoyed myself.
    Well done Mr MacBean on sounding the Shankh (no penalty) and making the rice stick to Lord Ganesh's forehead, that is extremely auspicious.
    My ears, in the meantime, have rested to be as quiet as a mouse, the consort of Lord Ganesh.
    'Pretty in Pink' are the flowers, thank you.
    Mrs Mistry-Dyer

    ReplyDelete