Wednesday 13 October 2021

Year 3: An amazing trip and Science!

 





Yesterday we went to the Ancient Technology Centre where we learned how the Bronze Age people lived. We had an amazing time grinding our own flour, making reed rope bracelets and making wool looms. When I have the other photos downloaded I will share some more of the day. The grounds at the ATC are amazing and if you ever get a chance to visit on one of their open days I highly recommend it. Today we wrote recounts of what we did yesterday using the time connective First, next, then, after that and finally. 

We had a brilliant Science lesson this afternoon where we learnt about the north and south poles of magnets. We investigated whether or not the size of the magnet makes a difference on how strong it is and even predicted if a magnet could pick up paper clips if there was something in between such as wood, plastic, a hand and even a banana! 

After our Science lesson today we also had a discussion about PCR testing and COVID. There were a lot of questions and some uncertainty about children leaving so I think this was the right time to talk about this and assure the worries that some children had. Please do contact me if you have anything you would like to ask me about this and I am always available over email. 

Thank you for attending Tuesday nights parents evening. Tomorrow evening we have another parents evening. If you have any questions after talking to me then please do email me or see me on the door in the morning. 

Mrs Thorpe and the Year 3 team 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment