Thursday 3 November 2011

The Adventures of Jack Spice

Writing an adventure story (historical context)

This is an on-going project over 5 sessions.

It is supported by a series of drama activities to develop ideas and concepts for the story. One chapter will be done as a "Home Learning" project.

Scene changes unfold as follows:

Jack is tricked on board.

Jack learns to become a sailor.

Jack’s ship is attacked by pirates.

There is a mutiny.

They sight land at last. What do they discover?

Learning objectives –

To write a longer story, maintaining the narrative in an appropriate chronological order.

Success criteria –

I have written the extended adventure story of “Jack Spice”.

I have written in sentences marked by capital letters and full stops.

I have used speech marks.

I have thought carefully about my choices of words and I have used “powerful vocabulary”.

No comments:

Post a Comment