Friday 18 November 2011

Year 3 Maths Home Learning

Home learning – Year 3 – 18th November 2011


I would like you to start learning your 3 and 6 times tables this week. Use what ever method you like, from chanting to times table toons on Mathletics. I will be checking your tables and issuing certificates for all of the effort you have put in.

Speaking of Mathletics...
Year 2 have been regularly achieving 15 certificates as a class.  I think we need to compete.  Can year 3 beat them next week? 


We have started looking at measuring weight this week. The children have looked at kg and g and begun to estimate and compare weights of objects. At home I would like the children to find out the weight of different objects around the house and write them down; they should include units g or kg.

You could do this with cooking ingredients, small objects, large objects or even people if you are feeling brave!

I look forward to seeing their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment