Monday 23 March 2015

Today's visit to St. George's Church, Fordington

Dear Parents,
Today's visit to St. George's Church was a great success. We spent some time looking at the special features that you find in a church - such as the font, lectern, pulpit, altar, pews. And also looked at some of special details of St. George's - such as the Norman arch over the entrance depicting St. George in battle.
The children enjoyed their visit and were very well behaved indeed; a real credit to the school.
Well done Year 3!
DM

1 comment:

  1. I asked my son yesterday what interesting features did you see at the church? His reply was vents, I was looking slightly bemused so he asked me if I knew what a vent was? I replied something that allows air to pass through. I left it at that. Having read your blog I now understand that he meant fonts not vents!

    ReplyDelete