Thursday 15 September 2022

Survival skills in Forest School and a reminder about tomorrow!

 We have had such a fun afternoon outside learning how to tie reef knots! 



I explained that a reef knot is such an important knot to use. You can use when building shelters to attach materials together. 

I showed the children how to use a sheath knife safely. We spoke about how you must never use knives without adults present and talked through the process of keeping safe with these knives. We then made a tent peg! The children were fantastic at this and we will carry this on next week for the ones who haven't had a go yet. Over the next few weeks we'll use the skills we are learning outside to help us make other items such as larger waterproof shelters and jewellery. 




Just a reminder that tomorrow is school photo day so please can we have tops and jumpers/cardis in. 

Also it is my parent information session. This will now be in the staffroom from 9am. 
This will be recorded and so if you have any questions you would like me to cover please feel free to email you and I will make sure I do this. 

🍁Mrs Thorpe + Mrs Hall 🍁




No comments:

Post a Comment